Assistant Property Manager
Preservation Management, Inc. | Tucson, AZ
Preservation Management, Inc. is seeking an experienced Assistant Property Manager for one of our multi-unit residential properties located at Council House Apartments in Tuscon Arizona.
Our Assistant Property Managers help the On-site Property Managers conduct the day-to-day operations of the property and coordinate all on-site leasing activities.
Specific Duties Include:
- Managing resident re-certifications, rent increases, utility allowance changes, occupancy level, controlled expenses, customer satisfaction, management reviews, REAC/Agency Inspections, etc.
- Managing resident selection procedures to ensure adherence to Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan and Resident Selection Criteria, as well as all targeted occupancy requirements.
- Read and keep track of tenant applications on the “wait list;” read, review, and file all received applications; determine if applicants are income-eligible and program-eligible.
- Respond to life safety emergencies and other critical incidents; coordinate the response of site personnel and the notification of public safety agencies; notify the Senior Property Manager or On-site Property Manager (as well as other company management personnel) as required by emergency protocols.
- Coordinate with maintenance personnel to prepare vacant units for new tenants; and meet in-person with prospective tenants to show vacant apartments or office space.
- Coordinate resident services with the assigned Resident Services Coordinator and with the Director, Resident Services Programs; meet in-person with current residents, handling requests for assistance; investigate and resolve complaints from tenants.
- Assist the Senior Property Manager or On-site Property Manager in preparation for all site REAC reviews, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reviews;
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma;
- 3 years related property management experience preferred;
- Desirable applicants have completed industry course work in property management, tax credit, COS, or Rural Development training.
- Introductory knowledge compliance requirements for federal housing programs such as LIHTC and Section 8
- Current knowledge of all applicable local, state, federal and industry standards required of property management agents, including: All HUD, Rural Development, and IRS rules and regulations specific to their assigned property;
- Experience in the use of business computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; experience with on-line database systems such as Boston Post Property Manager and/or RealPage Onsite.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive hourly wage.
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Roth Retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.