Technical Services Support Specialist provides systems management technical support and expertise to Tyler clients and employees related to assigned software product.
- Provides systems management (operating system, database administration, server, and workstation support) troubleshooting and consultation technical support to clients and fellow employees. Primary areas of support include:
- Remote support of client’s mission critical financial server(s)
- Operating system administration for Windows, UNIX/Linux, or Web servers
- Network & local printing
- Point of sale hardware configuration and troubleshooting
- Tyler program release and third party software upgrades
- Database administration (Microsoft SQL or IBM Informix)
- Resolves client inquiries and issues in a timely manner; communicates closure effectively through email and phone communications.
- Documents and records all aspects of client interactions in designated client management systems to promote transparency and understanding of technical issues.
- Manages open calls by identifying and prioritizing issues according to published policies.
- Escalates to senior team member or department member if situation is beyond ability and additional assistance is needed.
- Identifies and meets service measurements and metrics on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Collaborates with other teams, departments and divisions with issues pertaining to Tyler software applications.
- May contribute to company knowledge library.
- May conduct training for end-users.
- Follows documented Tyler Technologies policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or equivalent experience.
- Experience administering Windows and/or Linux servers.
- Working knowledge of server hardware and network configurations, including web servers.
- Ability to troubleshoot PC configurations and connectivity issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude.